Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmarks
Level 7

Network connection

The Roku all the sudden stopped working. I reset the whole thing. And now it is asking me to update the network connection and updating software again. It will not let me update with the software. There’s no problem with my wireless connection

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Network connection

@Kmarks wrote:

The Roku all the sudden stopped working. I reset the whole thing. And now it is asking me to update the network connection and updating software again. It will not let me update with the software. There’s no problem with my wireless connection

When you reset the whole thing, did you also reboot the router?

There may be a workaround if keep getting stuck on the software by using the debug mode. (if the router reboot didn't solve your issue).

Using your remote press the following to enter debug...

Home 5x, Fast Forward 3x, Rewind 2x....Update Software Now.

You may have to reboot and do again if unsuccessful.  Don't mess with the other features there except maybe Factory Reset.  You should see an IP address on this screen also. (this is the LAN IP of your device)  If you don't, that could be part of the problem.  Just Update Software Now and see if that gets you on your way.

Worse comes to worse, do a Factory Reset.

0 Kudos