Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetsob
Level 7

Network Settings

I have 2 Rokus at home and I was going to try them at work (local Schools), but I can't seem to find how to change the Network settings (Device Name, and Network information such as IP address and DNS).

It seems as though these settings can't be changed. I have schools that are looking for another option other than the expensive Apple TVs.

Is it possible to change the Device ID/ Device Name and change the Network settings like Static/DHCP and edit the DNS or at least have the DNS come from my DHCP server and not the programmed settings.

I really hope this is possible somehow

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Network Settings

Sorry, none of that is possible.  You can edit the name that shows up in the Roku mobile app at https://my.roku.com .  Rokus only support obtaining an IP address via DHCP, but it should be using the DNS from your DHCP server.  I don't believe they use any kind of programmed DNS.  You will have to go through the network setup again when you move it to a new network.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

From the Roku home page, Settings > Network > Set up connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Jetsob
Level 7

I tested this at a school for testing an I was told my Roku was using the DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

if theses settings can’t be changed, I can’t distribute these throughout our school board schools

0 Kudos
Jetsob
Level 7

Are these models you noted editable?

0 Kudos