Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McCoy350
Level 7

Network Issues -- no internet connection

So I work for an ISP an i have had several customers call me in the last 24 hours all with the same issue with their Roku's not working like they have before. Just a recent issue that came about. When they check connection the wireless connection is checked and the internet connection will check and then when you run it again wireless connection checks and internet connection x's. Or the Roku will say poor connection (0 mbps download speed) When that is false because i was plugged into the router which was 5 feet from the Roku and pulling 110 mbps down and 30 mbps upload. I was getting two error codes. 0018 and 0006 i think. Tried every trouble shooting technique i know. I have now come to the conclusion its an issue with Roku. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ldk5014
Level 7

Re: Network Issues -- no internet connection

ROKU OUT FOR 3 DAYS  DID ALL TROUBLE SHOOTING AS WELL          & RESET

0 Kudos
dleigh123
Level 7

I have same problem as McCoy350: strong wireless connection but no internet (0 mbps download speed) with router right next to Roku and all other devices working just fine.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@McCoy350 @dleigh123 @ldk5014 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device?

We would recommend taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gruber2016
Level 7

I am having this same issue. I have tried every troubleshooting technique. I have reset the network settings, restarted the Roku, rebooted my router and modem, and even factory reset my Roku express. Nothing works. It’s saying it has an excellent connection but 0 on download speeds. Everything else in my home is connected to the internet. Is there not a way to fix this? 

0 Kudos