Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Network Error

Error Code: 014.40. Unable to connect to wireless network. 

My router is working, its connecting to other devices. I have unplugged, restarted and reset my Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  It is within 5 feet of my router. My other Roku works in a completely different room

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Network Error

@ajsmith08 wrote:

Error Code: 014.40. Unable to connect to wireless network. 

My router is working, its connecting to other devices. I have unplugged, restarted and reset my Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  It is within 5 feet of my router. My other Roku works in a completely different room

Two possibilities come to mind:

It is possible to actually be too close to the router, such that the signal overwhelms the Roku's wifi receiver.

I've found that when I've encountered wifi problems with my Rokus I've normally been able to solve them by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.  This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, especially since other wifi devices in the house were working well, but it has fixed things for me several times.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos