Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigtunaco

Netgear Centurylink no internet

I swapped my xfinity service for centurylink, but kept my netgear mesh router which is connected to the century link WiFi modem via an ethernet cable.  My Roku shows a strong network connection with the netgear router, but when I try to run any of the apps, it doesn’t appear to have internet connectivity.  If I connect directly to the century link WiFi modem, everything works.  All of my other devices have internet through both WiFi routers and work fine.  I factory reset my Roku and the netgear router, but still have the issue.  I welcome any ideas on how to correct the problem as my preferred connection is the netgear mesh router.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Netgear Centurylink no internet

@Bigtunaco 

Have you verified that the settings in your Netgear router are configured as below. (or look at your working Century Link and set the Netgear in similar fashion - setting for setting).

2.4 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n (Mixed Mode)
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 1 and 11 (preferably 1, 6 , or 11). Try changing and using different channels. Roku cannot see or use 12,13,14.

* Restart both your Router and your Roku after making above changes.

5.0 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to N/AC
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz or 20/40 mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 36-48 (low frequency band) or 149-161 (high frequency band). Roku cannot see or use channels 52-140 (DFS Channels) which an Auto Setting may be choosing. If your router allows you to Disable DFS Channels, then an Auto Setting may be used after successful troubleshooting.

Restart both your Router and Roku devices(s) after making the above changes.

Post back with an update or if you need more help. Include your router model number and Roku model number. (Settings/System/About).  Also include any error messages/error numbers you are seeing on screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos