Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssickels
Level 7

Netflix not loading - stays stuck at splash screen

Jump to solution

Hi — for 3 days now Netflix is not loading from my Roku stick. All other apps work fine. 

For the first day, it went through the Netflix splash screen, then to a cryptic (hex code) error message (which I could dismiss to get back to the Home Screen). Now it just sits, stuck, at the Netflix splash screen. 

- I’ve rebooted the Roku.

- I’ve made sure (today) that the Roku s/w is up-to-date (it is). 

- And I’ve deleted and reinstalled the Netflix app.

Any ideas?  Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Netflix not loading - stays stuck at splash screen

Jump to solution

@ssickels-

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it  before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall. 

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@ssickels-

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it  before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall. 

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

ssickels
Level 7

Jump to solution

@makaiguy Thank you!!! That worked! Very much appreciated.  Smiley Happy

@makaiguy wrote:

@ssickels-

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@ssickels-  Glad it helped.  Tuck that away in your bag of tricks for the next time you have trouble with a Roku channel app.