Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelbyletson
Level 7

Need help setting up dorm wifi on tv

when i go to the wifi on the tv i click my router and it asks if im at a hotel or dorm. i click dorm and it tells me to connect to the roku wifi and then fill out information on a browser. when i get onto the roku wifi a browser doesnt pop up. where do i go to enter the information?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Need help setting up dorm wifi on tv

Many hotels, dorms, etc,  are set up with a wifi system that you connect to by logging in on a web page via an internet web browser.

The Roku has no web browser.  In order to log the Roku into the net's web page, you use the browser in a wifi-equipped computer or mobile device and set it up to work through the Roku.  You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
shelbyletson
Level 7

Re: Need help setting up dorm wifi on tv

in the link it says after the connection is initiated, the remaining steps will appear on the television screen. Complete these steps on your computer or smartphone. however when i connected (i tried on both my phone and laptop) nothing popped up on my tv or my phone/laptop. I even tried saying i was at home instead of a dorm and it connects to the wifi, but i cant get on anything like youtube or netflix.

0 Kudos