Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlishaNicole1
Level 7

Need help setting up Roku without the remote, phone cannot find it

Help! I am staying the month at a different house and brought my TV and Roku with me. My remote stopped working long ago and I have been having to use my phone. Well now that I am on a different network, my Roku is not working. When I went to go look for it on my phone, it cannot find my Roku device and it does not have my Roku on my known devices. I really do not want to go buy a new one because then I will have two but I am not sure what to do at this point. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help setting up Roku without the remote, phone cannot find it

Go to Walmart or the dollar store and look for a universal remote that supports Roku.  Oh, and if you have a stick, you're really out of luck; you must have a Roku remote.  Don't bother searching for other solutions.  You can just look through this forum and see the multitude of people that have asked the same question.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AlishaNicole1
Level 7

Re: Need help setting up Roku without the remote, phone cannot find it

Okay thank you.

0 Kudos