Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlishaNicole1
Level 7

Need help setting up Roku without the remote, phone cannot find it

Help! I am staying the month at a different house and brought my TV and Roku with me. My remote stopped working long ago and I have been having to use my phone. Well now that I am on a different network, my Roku is not working. When I went to go look for it on my phone, it cannot find my Roku device and it does not have my Roku on my known devices. I really do not want to go buy a new one because then I will have two but I am not sure what to do at this point. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Need help setting up Roku without the remote, phone cannot find it

Go to Walmart or the dollar store and look for a universal remote that supports Roku.  Oh, and if you have a stick, you're really out of luck; you must have a Roku remote.  Don't bother searching for other solutions.  You can just look through this forum and see the multitude of people that have asked the same question.

0 Kudos
AlishaNicole1
Level 7

Re: Need help setting up Roku without the remote, phone cannot find it

Okay thank you.

0 Kudos