Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mzhotty_
Level 7

My wireless connection won’t work on my roku

My wireless connections not working every time I scan I can’t find it

0 Kudos
3 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: My wireless connection won’t work on my roku

What Roku is it and is your Wi-Fi on the 5Ghz band?
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Streams
Level 7

Do you have your wireless router set to hide the SSID?  If so, you have to manually enter it.
0 Kudos

Currently I'm limited to the 2.4Ghz portion of my wifi network.  I have 5 Ghz ac available, and many devices in my house use it, but since I'm on ch 128 (5.640 Ghz) to avoid neighboring 5Ghz networks, my Streaming Stick Plus (3810R) will not currently work on that frequency and of course cannot connect when I attempt to hit that segment's SSID.  From what I've read in the included hardcopy documentation, "Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+ and Roku Ultra operates in the 2.4GHz-2.4835GHz and 5.15GHz-5.25GHz bands".  This would appear to limit my device to channels 36 (5.180GHz) through 48 (5.240GHz) on the 5Ghz ac portion of the network.  However, since I don't wish to encounter interference from neighboring networks already using the lower 5Ghz channels, I have to use the 2.4Ghz N frequency network which I have set to channel 1 (2.412GHz).  Not a huge issue for me yet since I'm only streaming 1080p at the moment, but I'm hoping the device will be expanded/enhanced in the future via firmware update to utilize more of the 5GHz frequencies so I can stream 4K on the higher bandwidth 5Ghz ac segment. Pretty much the reason why I went with the + instead of the standard streaming stick...
0 Kudos