Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My new Roku Express+ wont accept my PW

Jump to solution

My New Roku Express+ wont accept my password. Its the correct password and my phone and computer are running on this wireless network.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My new Roku Express+ wont accept my PW

Jump to solution

@Bobr83 

Thanks for the notes.

The Roku Express and Express+ devices will only connect to a 2.4 Ghz network. If you can change your network from 5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz, then your device will connect to your network. Otherwise, you would need a different device that can connect to 5 Ghz (not an Express or Premiere) such as a Roku Streaming Stick or Roku Ultra.

For a list of device, visit our products page here: Roku Streaming Players

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bobr83 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your password has special characters, you may have issues connecting to your network. If that is the case, you might try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The only special character I have is an exclamation point, I would assume that would be accepted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My WiFi is 5Ghz. Does this mean I need a different box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bobr83 

Thanks for the notes.

The Roku Express and Express+ devices will only connect to a 2.4 Ghz network. If you can change your network from 5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz, then your device will connect to your network. Otherwise, you would need a different device that can connect to 5 Ghz (not an Express or Premiere) such as a Roku Streaming Stick or Roku Ultra.

For a list of device, visit our products page here: Roku Streaming Players

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos