Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itchyfan
Level 7

My network not visible on list of available, isp says everything is fine on their end

My roku and another smart tv in my house can't see my network connection on the list. I just got off the phone w ziply fiber (formerly frontier) who did some tests and reset my router who said everything was fine on their end. They were working fine a few weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: My network not visible on list of available, isp says everything is fine on their end

Do you have other devices (computer, phone, tablet) that are connecting to your Wi-Fi?  Do you know what channel your router is set to use?

Try a network connection reset from Settings->System->Advanced system settings.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: My network not visible on list of available, isp says everything is fine on their end

@Itchyfan wrote:

My roku and another smart tv in my house can't see my network connection on the list. I just got off the phone w ziply fiber (formerly frontier) who did some tests and reset my router who said everything was fine on their end. They were working fine a few weeks ago. 

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

One other thought.

I just noticed you have a Roku Express.  This is a budget model with a single band wifi radio that works in the original 2.4 GHz band.  Some older or low end smart TV's may only have 2.4 GHz single band wifi also.   

Many wifi routers are dual band, working in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. It's possible you have a dual band router in which the 2.4 GHz band got turned off by a cable system update.

If that's the case, your 2.4 GHz only Express (and maybe your tv) can't see your net.  Give your cable company a call and ask.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos