Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veryconfused456
Level 7

My network isn’t showing as available

Hello folks!

don’t know what’s going on here but my home internet isn’t showing aim available networks in wireless connection. It was connected fine last night. My phone and iPad are both connected to the network. And my internet bill is on auto pay and is current. Anyone know what’s going on or have any insight to this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: My network isn’t showing as available

This is usually because the wireless router has changed its channel to one that is unsupported by Roku devices. In the 2.4 GHz band, it must be on channel 1 through 11. If it's changed to channel 12-14, it won't be visible. In the 5 GHz band, the channel must be 48 or lower, or 149 or higher. In between are DFS channels, which Roku devices don't support. 

Most routers are set to auto-select the channel, so it can change without your knowledge. Go into the router and ensure the channels are set correctly. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Veryconfused456
Level 7

Yeah I read the entire thread and checked that. Nothing has changed with my internet provider. At this point my question becomes, if I buy a new one will it work for long enough to order a firestick?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

I have 5 active Roku devices (two TVs, three players). One TV and one Ultra are hard wired, with the rest connected via WiFi. I've never encountered any connectivity issues other than when my new UniFi access point assigned a DFS channel on 5 GHz. Manually assigning it resolved that problem and everything still works. I realize I'm simply one data point, but I've simply never had a connection issue. The Express models seem to have the most problems, and I don't have any of those.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Veryconfused456
Level 7

Fair enough, thank you for the info. Fingers crossed my local Walmart has one in stock.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

I probably have to re-establish my wifi connection one or two times a month. 

Here's what has worked for me.

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos