Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahbscc
Level 7

My Roku isn’t picking up my wireless connection

I updated my modem and both my phone and laptop are connected to the new modem and working fine. When I try and set up a network connection, the roku can’t find my wireless network to connect to. 

9 REPLIES 9\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Roku isn’t picking up my wireless connection

@sarahbscc 

Thanks for the note.

What model Roku device are you trying to connect to your wireless network?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
maddiecharest
Level 7

I'm having the same exact issue. Just got a new modem for my new apartment and all the other devices I have connect but my brand new Roku doesn't even have my wireless as an option.. shows all my neighbor's but not mine. 

0 Kudos
Bussey11
Level 7

Same here it’s saying no networks found at the moment 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@maddiecharest @Bussey11 

Thanks for the note.

What Roku model device are you currently trying to connect to the wireless network? Have you tried rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device?

Please be aware that the Roku Express and Premiere models are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum, which would explain why you would not be able to see your network if you have either of those Roku device models.

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jmm129
Level 7

Hello,

Since when do the roku express devices only connect to the b/g/n networks on the 2.4GHz spectrum?  My roku was working just fine yesterday.  So what could have happened in a few hours.  I have children and I am just very stressed because I can't even entertain them for a little while with television.  Please help me! 

How do I fix this?? I can't be without television.  I don't have the funds to buy another device. Please help me.

0 Kudos
alwaystanning
Level 8

My Ruku Premier+ lost the wireless connection today--and the same think happened a couple weeks ago.

All of a sudden no wireless internet connection. I reset the network AND I reset the Roku. Then I set up the wireless connection and it said that I had a good connection. Then I open any of the Roku apps and I get the message that there is no wireless. When I try to connect again Roku cannot find any of the ten or twenty available wifi networks in my area. If I reset the network and Roku then I can see my network and other networks--but it immediately loses the connection. A couple weeks ago the only thing I could do was reset Roku to factory defaults--and lose all the apps I have set up and authorized and it took a lot of time re-entering everything. I am not going to continue doing this every time Roku goes out like this. And of course now there is zero phone or chat support so my other option is switching to Fire Stick. I have only been with Roku for about two months but overall it has not been the greatest experience.

Anyone else have this same networking experience? Wifi works great on everything else...

0 Kudos
alwaystanning
Level 8

So this time the factory reset did not make a difference. It still would set up a wireless network but then the screen that says that it is a good connection within a few seconds changes to No Internet Connection. I tried resetting the system again but now the screen hangs on the Roku Voice Remote Pairing screen and will not move to the next stage.

0 Kudos
HUGHMATTOX
Level 7

my roku will not connect to wireless modem. it has worked great for two years. help111 [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@alwaystanning @HUGHMATTOX 

Thanks for the information regarding your device not detecting your wireless network.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos