Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku can find other networks but cannot find my own network

Jump to solution

I just bought a new Roku Express and I've been trying to set it up. When I get to the screen asking me to connect to a network there are plenty of networks that pop up, however mine does not. Just to make sure that the Roku could connect to something I connected my Roku to my phone's hotspot. My router overall does not have any issues (my computer and phone always connect fine), and I've tried restarting my router and the network will still not show up.

Any ideas as to what else I can try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: My Roku can find other networks but cannot find my own network

Jump to solution

The Express models only support the 2.4GHz band (not 5GHz).  Ensure your router/access point is broadcasting on one of the 2.4GHz channels 1 to 11.  There was one post where someone said his AP was set to channel 13 which isn't supported.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: My Roku can find other networks but cannot find my own network

Jump to solution

The Express models only support the 2.4GHz band (not 5GHz).  Ensure your router/access point is broadcasting on one of the 2.4GHz channels 1 to 11.  There was one post where someone said his AP was set to channel 13 which isn't supported.

View solution in original post