Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku Won't Connect

I just installed it and it won't locate my network (which is almost 10 ft away from the router) and when I try to use a private network code to enter - it doesn't work.  How can I connect? I've restarted it, unplugged it? The internet is working fine on my computer and etc.  

Thank you. 

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Roku Won't Connect

bump. I'm having this same issue and I've had my roku for over a year. The internet just stopped connecting randomly and I get a message saying that there are no network available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

@aelezi87 wrote:

I just installed it and it won't locate my network (which is almost 10 ft away from the router) and when I try to use a private network code to enter - it doesn't work.  How can I connect? I've restarted it, unplugged it? The internet is working fine on my computer and etc.  

Thank you. 

What model and model number is your Roku?  Settings > System > About will show this to you. 

Current Express and Premier models have single band wifi receivers that only support the 2.4 GHz band so they won't see wifi networks using the 5 GHz band.  If your router is only using the 5 GHz band, see if it can be configured to also use the 2.4 GHz band.

If that is not the issue try restarting both your router and Roku and when they both come back up see if you now can connect.  I know this doesn't sound like it would make any sense when other devices connect without a problem, but it has worked for me on several occasions.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

My Roku suddenly wouldn't connect to my 5G or a slower connection. I tried everything to connect. So, I went back to using my old Roku and that one worked fine. I decided to take another look today. And, after much frustration, I stumbled upon a FIX! YAY!!!!

I would like to share in hopes of may help others.

On the Roku main screen, go to SETTINGS at the bottom on the left side of the screen. 

Click right arrow on remote and move down to  SYSTEM at the bottom on the left side.

Click right arrow and move down to ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS.

Click right arrow and move down to NETWORK CONNECTION RESET.

Click right arrow and choose RESET CONNECTION.

I really hope this helps someone else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was having the same problem and this solution worked for me too.  Thanks a million

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried this but it still says "not connected."  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

This doesn't help. You restart, reset, modem, router, roku, nothing works for this ROKU. All other devices will work. It's just a garbage product ROKU is releasing to the market. **bleep** products. Doesn't even have correct mechanism to connect to internet.