Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joepatti

Must do factory reset to reconnect when I lose my wifi connection

My Roku Express+ will disconnect from my wifi network every few days. When it does, it won't reconnect even though signal strength is great. I tried network reset, system restart, and unplugging and replugging power and hdmi cables. As soon as I do a factory reset it finds my wifi network and connects immediately. Unfortunately, the factory reset forces me to reactivate all my apps like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Xfinity. Very annoying. Is there another solution that will allow my apps to stay activated and have the Roku reconnect to my wifi when it loses the connection?

8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Must do factory reset to reconnect when I lose my wifi connection

When I've lost wifi, I've had good success with the following:

Restart the router, even if other devices connect without problems.

After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate.

Reconnect to the net.

Last time nothing worked until I pulled the power plug on the Roku and let it sit a few minutes before plugging it back in.

I'd save factory reset to only be used as a last resort, to be used only when all else fails. You've seen what a pain it is to get everything set back up.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jaenus
Binge Watcher

This is my exact same issue. 

My last router didn’t seem to be an issue though.  Got a new router today and now the only way it’ll connect is on a hard factory reset... and if the network drops for some reason ... nothing but a factory reset will get it back. 

0 Kudos
RockDirty
Reel Rookie

I have had exactly the same symptom(s) (factory reset to restore network access) on TWO Roku TV's (TCL's).

There is a REAL problem here.

tamago5000

I'm having this exact same problem; I am unable to connect to wifi unless I do a factory reset every single time. 

Albert68

I have the same problem, every day that I go to connect to the roku I find that it is out of wifi and I have to disconnect it from the power to reconnect to the wifi, I have not found a solution

0 Kudos

Re: Must do factory reset to reconnect

i trird to connect a head phone now all 3 rokus are down and none are working and it says not connected please call me please i neED HELP P[EASE HOW DO I CALL U OR WILL U PLEASE CALL ME I DESPERATLY NEED HELP I HAVE 6 KIDS HERE PLEASE HELP ME

0 Kudos

BUT DOES IT WORK RIGHT AWAY

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Must do factory reset to reconnect

@Lorilove54321

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos