Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Mulitple Rokus drop connection same time every day

"sonicsunspot" wrote:
FYI - I did go back and edit the my original post to add the device numbers, serial numbers and software versions.  I only did it for 2 examples (not all 5).  I use mostly the Ultras for the Ethernet connection, but I have do have 1 streaming stick.

Sorry. I totally missed that. I was expecting it in a follow-up post, but putting it there is actually a better idea. Again, sorry for missing that.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
sonicsunspot
Level 7

Quick update - last night I reset each Roku's screensaver FROM the Roku "Fish Tank" or "Landscape Shots" TO the basic analog clock.   This morning there was no disruption to the connection at 9am.
Next step is to verify no disruption on a weekday.  Will report back Monday.

Thanks for the help on this - we may have isolated it down to the screensavers.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"sonicsunspot" wrote:
Quick update - last night I reset each Roku's screensaver FROM the Roku "Fish Tank" or "Landscape Shots" TO the basic analog clock.   This morning there was no disruption to the connection at 9am.
Next step is to verify no disruption on a weekday.  Will report back Monday.

Thanks for the help on this - we may have isolated it down to the screensavers.

My gut tells me it’s the landscape. But you never know. Hate to drag it out, but if you want multiple screensavers available, add back no more than one a day of those you like. If the ones you removed were some you don’t plan on using again, just leave them uninstalled.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos