Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Moved to new place with new wifi

I have a Roku that I used at my old house and I moved to a new house with a new WiFi network and I lost my remote in the move so I’m wondering how I can connect my Roku to the new WiFi network without the actual remote. I have my Roku app with the remote on it and my phone is connected to the new WiFi but I can’t get it to connect to my roku. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Please help

The bad news is it cant be done without the remote.

You can get another one.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

This comes up a lot. Either get a new remote, or, if you're able to, change your router wifi settings to what you used to have. Reconnect your phone to the changed wifi and try accessing the roku.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have the TCL550615, ROKU TV , can I ping the remote from the TV? Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue, remote is lost or in a box way in the back of my storage unit which will require it to be emptied to get to it. I have the new wifi connected on the phone but the roku is set on the previous wifi. Add a device is requesting the link code but I can't get the phone roku remote to talk to the roku yet to do anything... so frustrating, I use to have a bunch of universals and I got rid of all of them ughhh

0 Kudos