Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: MAC address is all zeros...AGAIN

Not that this will help but 2 weeks ago the bedroom tv went out and it was a week until we got a new one,so I unplugged the Roku.When I plugged it into the new tv I had the 0 Mac adresse problem and no wireless and did all of the resets and reboots of router,modem,and Roku,etc,then decided to just let it be for a few hours.I left it plugged in.Then later I went back and rebooted the router/modem and connected wired(it wouldnt earlier) then switched to wireless.Who knows,maybe it was cold.In any case I will not be unplugging that one again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

"mommom" wrote:
Not that this will help but 2 weeks ago the bedroom tv went out and it was a week until we got a new one,so I unplugged the Roku.When I plugged it into the new tv I had the 0 Mac adresse problem and no wireless and did all of the resets and reboots of router,modem,and Roku,etc,then decided to just let it be for a few hours.I left it plugged in.Then later I went back and rebooted the router/modem and connected wired(it wouldnt earlier) then switched to wireless.Who knows,maybe it was cold.In any case I will not be unplugging that one again.

The latest update fixed the 0s problem for many people, so maybe it did for you?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Maybe the latest update fixed it for me,but I was unable to connect wired or wireless for several hours,then came back later and it connected wired,I checked udates it said there were none,then I was able to set up wireless.Strange.I'm just glad its fine now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got this issue today MAC address is all zeros running November 2018 firmware. First time we have seen it. Four system restarts didn't work.

It did work after we unplugged the TV for 2 minutes and it worked when plugged in again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"charlie2018" wrote:
I got this issue today MAC address is all zeros running November 2018 firmware. First time we have seen it. Four system restarts didn't work.

It did work after we unplugged the TV for 2 minutes and it worked when plugged in again.

Same issue here. Tried factory reset 4 times, still nothing. Tried your approach with leaving tv unplugged for a few minutes, didn't work either. Not sure what else to do.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

In case this helps anyone, I had the same problem with a brand new Roku express. I was packing it back up to exchange when I realized I had somehow plugged it into the wrong USB plug which only provided half the amperage of the Roku one. It gave me a lot power warning as well, but eventually booted. So, you might have a power issue if you see this!
0 Kudos