Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: MAC address is all zeros...AGAIN

If you select Settings -> Network, what does the "mode" setting show?

--Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I don't see the word mode anywhere on that screen, but it says

Connected via Ethernet
Connection status OK

When I select "repeat guided setup" and select wireless it comes back with "Select your wireless network. if it's not shown or you need help select "not shown". To return blah blah. Other than those words the screen is blank - no wireless network to select, no "not shown" to select either.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

On the player info screen, is it the wireless MAC address or the wired MAC address that shows all zeros?

--Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wireless
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

On my box, mode doesn't show when connected by Ethernet. I just switched to wireless and mode does show, then back to my normal wired and no mode.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That explains not seeing mode.

I'm getting frustrated - same thing happened to my original Roku and the replacement isn't even two weeks old and doing the same thing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Don't give up yet. According to the release notes, the new firmware update has some new tools for trouble shooting/fixing this problem. That's probably why RokuMarkn asked you about the mode.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

lol, give up? Me?! I'm too mad to give up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I suspect that since you already have the attention of two Roku engineers, and yours is the first report of this problem since the update, they're probably on it right now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My original Roku's MAC address went all zeros and I just gave up and got a power line ethernet adaptor. My new Roku has always been connected by ethernet. Not exactly the cheap fix but it works for me.
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.
0 Kudos