Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virginiadalenia
Level 7

Re: MAC address is all zeros...AGAIN

Currently dealing with now.. any suggestions??

0 Kudos
ph363
Level 7

Same issue. New hisense tv. Updated to 9.4.0 build 4192-94 right out of the box, now all zeros on wireless mac.

Is anyone from Roku active in this thread any more? 

0 Kudos
Eddie30
Level 7

I have been dealing with this issue of MAC address all zeros for almost a year. I went back and forth with 3 Roku support people for almost 3 months. I tried everything that the people in this thread tried. Reset a billon times, rebooted all modems, used a usb stick after downloading new software update, it won’t recognize the usb flash drive. Every once and a while after a restart it will find my wireless, but as soon as it start to automatically update to new version software it’s done, no wireless and MAC address all zeros again. This thread goes back to 2011, and this problem is STILL going on!!!! I’m about to throw my tcl Roku tv out a top story window and watch it smash to pieces on the sidewalk! I will NEVER by a Roku product ever again. Thanks to all who gave advice to try to fix. 

0 Kudos
Adamgarland1991
Level 7

Have these issues been fixed I’ve tried secret menus everything tried resetting whole nine yards did system update on hidden menu I can’t find any routers now I was able to Max my hotspot on hotspot for iPhone 12 and got it to connect what can I do 

Steph5
Level 7

I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Angry2021
Level 7

Is the manufacturer offering any help? I've called support and after trying to connect to wifi many times (wifi is working fine on all other devices), they tell me it's the wifi, not the tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Angry2021

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We would recommend trying to manual update the Roku TV to see if you can update to the latest OS and see if your issue is resolved.

For more information about how to manually update your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Karlaboardman
Level 7

Currently having this problem on a 3 month old TV.. That has worked mostly okay for most of the time. Did all resets/secret screen tricks, and it says my software is already up to date because of the "invalid" error message (according to the website). It's version 9.4.0 build 4200-CM. Is this current? Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Karlaboardman

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Angry2021
Level 7

Clearly, Roku is having a software issue that they aren't admitting, nor supporting. If you have any success, please post it.

At this point, they are trying to blame it on Panasonic. The problem isn't hardware, it's software. My router is working fine and all my other smart devices can connect...only the tv has lost the MAC address! 

0 Kudos