Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Lost remote before ever connecting to ip address

I got a insignia roku tv a few years back for one of my kids and never connected it.  I have lost the original roku remote since then so I bought a new roku voice remote the other day. Now that I am trying to connect it, it is not connecting/finding any wifi and the remote isn’t pairing.  I read that I can provide the serial number which could possibly help me some how but I’m not sure.  Please help..  this is by far the worst most annoying experience with a tv in my 40 years of life.. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Lost remote before ever connecting to ip address

Did you make sure the new remote is compatible with your TV???

Which Insignia Model number? and Remote did you get specifically?

you should speak with @Tivoburkee 

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Insignia series number 6166J08402792

Roku voice remote Model RC-AL7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

That is an incorrect Model Number.

Did you get the TV at Best Buy?

You should return to them with a receipt or paperwork for the TV

and get an Insignia remote or Universal Remote which will pair with your TV.

An older TV is not likely to pair with a newer remote

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

The RC-AL7 should work fine once paired. Have remote ready with battery door off, one battery in and the other battery ready, now unplug the tv from the power for a bit, plug it back in once tv comes back from starting up put the other battery in and press and hold the pairing key in the battery compartment for 3 sec and release and let it communicate with tv. It is alright if the light goes out don't touch the pairing key.

Edmund