Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Lost network with V9.2.0 build 4806-46

I just got my first ROKU device (Ultra Model 4670X) one week ago.  As soon as I powered it up for the first time it immediately detected my wireless network and connected.  No problems all week.

However, I have an Insignia TV and there is a known screen problem (having NOTHING to do with the network) with this brand.  There is a thread about this and here’s the link:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Display-and-home-screen-blanks-out-I...

There is a workaround for the blank screen problem posted in that thread, which I’ve been successfully using all week.  But there was also a message posted suggesting that a system update will solve the original blank screen problem.

So this morning went to the Settings -->System screen and forced the update.  That’s when my problems began.  Immediately upon completion of the installation of V9.2.0 build 4806-46 my network connection was lost – never to be acquired again! 

So I uncoiled about 30’ of Cat 5 cable and was able to get it going with a wired connection.  Just to make certain that there was no problem with my router/adapter gear I rebooted that and hooked up the adapter to a computer that I set on the same entertainment center where the ROKU device is.  I immediately got a network connection.  So, before you ask, I know that my router/adapter system is OK and that the problem is with the ROKU – specifically the system update, since it was working flawlessly right up to the moment when that update installation was complete.

Thanks in advance for any help that may be offered.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Lost network with V9.2.0 build 4806-46

Ooops!  Forgot to add that -- before you ask -- yes, I went through the tedious factory reset and startup procedure -- TWICE!

Again, TIA for any help that may be offered.

0 Kudos