Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Lost connection

My Roku has been connected to my tv wireless for a year now and yesterday somehow is now unconnected and when I try to fine my network it doesn’t find it! I know my internet is working because my phones and computers are connected to it as well and there all working fine just not my Roku. I have unplugged the Roku for 10 seconds and tried that but no change!! Can anyone please help this is my only way to watch my tv is using Roku?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Lost connection

no Fix  but I am having the same problem. already reset the router, etc. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

My TV has Roku built-in and I had the same issue at 8 am on 10-11-2020.   I have had the same connection for several months without any problems.  The error showed no internet connection.  I had to go back into the settings and scan for network connections.  The Roku found the internet connection and I selected the connection that I have always used and it asked for password and password was already populated.  That means it knew the password and I used the password that was already entered and it reconnected and all was fine.  Thus, Roku disconnected and unselected the old wifi connection but it did know the password for the old connection.  Seems to be a Roku issue or an update snafu.  I have a Sharp TV with Roku built-in to the TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@HeatherMikoleit wrote:

My Roku has been connected to my tv wireless for a year now and yesterday somehow is now unconnected and when I try to fine my network it doesn’t find it! I know my internet is working because my phones and computers are connected to it as well and there all working fine just not my Roku. I have unplugged the Roku for 10 seconds and tried that but no change!! Can anyone please help this is my only way to watch my tv is using Roku?

If you've gone a year without this happening you've done well.  I seldom go much over a month.  Here's how I recover:

• Restart the router, even if other devices are having no problem connecting.
  • Restart your Roku via Settings > System > System restart.
  • Connect to your network via Settings > Network > Set up connection.

Once in a long while that still doesn't get it.  So far I've always been able to recover by unplugging the Roku power for a few seconds,  and when it starts back up doing Set up connection again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos