Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BC61
Level 7

Lost connection on 2 of 3 devices

I have 3 Roku premier devices.  Yesterday 2 of the 3 stopped connecting to my wireless. The devices shows my wireless account, I have restarted and reset to factory settings on both. The device that continues to work is the farthest from my router.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MCaulkes
Level 7

Re: Lost connection on 2 of 3 devices

I'm having similar issues, that I recognized last night on one device, and am seeing the same this morning on another device.

The devices are a Roku3 and a Roku Streaming Stick

I have FiOS Internet running on a G3100 Router

Both of these devices have been connected to the same wifi with no issues for a very long time.  This morning they both show "Not Connected" and fail to connect whenever I attempt (same wifi, same password, no changes there).
The router shows them as 'active' devices, but the rokus won't connect.

I have restarted both the router (multiple times) and the devices (multiple times)
I have completed a factory reset on the roku stick

Nothing improves the connection issues.

0 Kudos
triplebeagle
Level 7

@BC61 wrote:

I have 3 Roku premier devices.  Yesterday 2 of the 3 stopped connecting to my wireless. The devices shows my wireless account, I have restarted and reset to factory settings on both. The device that continues to work is the farthest from my router.  What am I missing?

I lost connection to my two devices at the same time on Tuesday.

I have rebooted the router and both Rokus without success.  Both can see the network, but won't connect.

Did Roku put out an update that went wrong?

0 Kudos
AnnLois
Level 7

We also lost Roku access on Tuesday......also lost connections on our HMDI and am not sure the 2 issues are connected?  

0 Kudos
MCaulkes
Level 7

I resolved this by resetting my router to factory settings. I dont think any of my settings were causing the issue with the rokus, but it did cause a very hard reset and essentially put a ‘new’ router into the equation. 
after the factory reset, I renamed the router to what it was prior to the reset, and updated the password back to what it was prior to the reset. 
after that, the rokus connected as expected. 

0 Kudos
BC61
Level 7

I’m hearing this is due to a pissin* match over money between Roku and spectrum ( our internet carrier). As usual, screw the guy paying the bills. 

0 Kudos