Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtherway
Level 7

Lost Wired Connection Roku TV

I bought a TCL Roku TV 49" 2 months ago.  Set it up with wired connection.  No issues.  Last night I lost the wired connection.  I have no idea why.  I have the latest update. I switched to wireless connection, but want to go back to wired.   I have a modem, google wifi router, and then the tv.  Help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Lost Wired Connection Roku TV

"mtherway" wrote:
I put a TCL Roku TV 49" 2 months ago.  Set it up with wired connection.  No issues.  Last night I lost the wired connection.  I have no idea why.  I have the latest update. I switched to wireless connection, but want to go back to wired.   I have a modem, google wifi router, and then the tv.  Help!

Confirm your software version and build. You said latest, but that’s not good info. Roku is rolling out out updates, so exact version and build may be helpful. The fact you checked for available is good, but the exact data on version will be better.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
mtherway
Level 7

Version 8.2.0
Build 4170
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into here. 

The version/build of software you reported is the previous/current version that has been out for Roku TVs since 2018, and is not the latest update that we are slowly rolling out as of now. Given this, I'd recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer and/or your ISP for more help diagnosing what may have impacted your TV's ability to connect to your network via ethernet cable. It's possible that you've encountered a hardware issue, or a router configuration change/issue that is causing this. 

Feel free to PM me after starting there, if you have any further questions I can assist with.  

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
xoemmxo
Level 7

roku internet

hello,

my roku used to show wired connection, but now it is not. how do i set it back up so i can plug in the e net cable for better wifi access. I am at a uni dorm. I read the forms, but couldn't find anything. I have also reset it. i bought it last year and it has been treated very well. the brand is insignia. 

im so lost with what to do. 

if any one can help. 

thank you

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: roku internet

@xoemmxo wrote:

hello,

my roku used to show wired connection, but now it is not. how do i set it back up so i can plug in the e net cable for better wifi access. I am at a uni dorm. I read the forms, but couldn't find anything. I have also reset it. i bought it last year and it has been treated very well. the brand is insignia. 

im so lost with what to do. 

if any one can help. 

thank you

What model Roku do you have? Devices with an Ethernet jack should show both wired and wireless under the Network menu. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos