Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wedensmore
Level 7

Losing internet Connection when auto speaker search turns on

When I first turn on the ROKU device, I am able access my WIFI and internet and proceed directly to my streaming service. After about ten minuets into the program, my device starts to search for my Roku speakers (which have been on). At that point, I lose connection to my WIFI/internet, have to back completely out out my programming and go through process of setting up my internet connections. Not too difficult, but definitely a frustration.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Losing internet Connection when auto speaker search turns on

@wedensmore

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify what Roku device you are using to connect your Roku Wireless Speakers to? Have you tried re-pairing your speakers to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted. With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Benedlr
Level 9

Re: Losing internet Connection when auto speaker search turns on

Try plugging in the speakers on separate different outlets. Mine were on a strip and did the same.

0 Kudos