Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing wireless connection when pausing

I have a Roku streaming stick. When I use the remote to pause, I frequently loose the wireless connection if I pause for more than a minute or two. I have to reboot the Roku streaming stick and reconnect and sign in again. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks,

dehavenphoto

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Loosing wireless connection when pausing

Hi @dehavenphoto

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or regardless of the channel you access on your Roku device? We would also recommend restarting your router to see if that will make a difference. 

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MSS71
Reel Rookie

YES!!!!  It only happens to me if I'm using the Discovery Plus app and pause longer than a minute or two.  No other apps do this and of course I go into network settings and run a test to show what I already know....I have a fine connection.  Wondering if Discovery cuts the feed if they don't see downloading/streaming gong on??? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MSS71

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What is happening on screen after you've left the channel on pause and return to streaming?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MSS71
Reel Rookie

It only happens to me if I'm using the Discovery Plus app and pause longer than a minute or two.  No other apps do this and of course I go into network settings and run a test to show what I already know....I have a fine connection.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MSS71

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us with the tracker ID of when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos