Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

@UncleDano 

Thanks for the details. That helps clarify. I have several questions, so bear with me.

1) Did this just start? Or is this a new device? (The model 4800 has been out a couple of years, so the model number itself doesn't indicate it's necessarily something brand new.)

2) What OS version/build are you running? Settings > System > About

I assume you're using wireless, not an Ethernet connection. So let's look at that, just to see if anything sticks out. Go to Settings > Network > About

3) What Wireless channel are you using?

Let's see where this takes us.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
UncleDano
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

This is a new device Roku Ultra 4800R.

Started this losing connection from the day when I first got it setup.

Software update: indicates latest version.  ver:11.0.0 build:4193.

It is not wireless, I switched to an RJ45 connection when I first noticed it dropped the connection.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

Take that bad boy back and exchange it or get a refund. If it's losing a wired connection, it ain't right. Ultra devices are normally very good devices. But that one seems to be a lemon.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SilverBloody
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's not the hardware, update 11.0.0 did this to all my TVs. Tested out an older Roku still on V10 works fine, updated & it too started having connectivity issues.

Since May 17 I cannot use any streaming services with out an external internet device.

When are they going to push a fix?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@SilverBloody wrote:

Since May 17 I cannot use any streaming services with out an external internet device.

What does that mean?  I'm not following what you're trying to say.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SilverBloody
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

An "external internet device" would be a Chromecast, fire stick, or PC.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@SilverBloody wrote:

... When are they going to push a fix?

The problem with a question like that is that not everyone is having issues. For example, none of my Roku devices that have upgraded to OS 11 have had any such issues. One was upgraded the day they announced the update. Others have upgraded in the weeks since. And most devices with OS 11 are not having issues.

However, since you and others are having issues, there is something going on. But things that impact a small percentage of users are hard to resolve. Your question is difficult for Roku to answer. They have to figure out what's going on first. They need the help of those with issues to figure out what combination of things lead to this.

It's not simple OS 11 that's the problem. It appears to be OS 11 in combination with certain other things, but whether that's particular Roku devices, certain Roku TVs (since Roku TVs are made by the TV manufacturer, not by Roku) certain network configurations (many ISPs are pushing changes to 2.4 GHz band that adversely connectivity), or a slew of other things, Roku doesn't know yet.

If @RokuDanny-R or others from Roku reach out and ask for additional information, work with them to get it resolved, if you would. Let them know your various devices model numbers and OS builds (Settings > System > About), and perhaps information about your network connection (Settings > Network > About) and network hardware.

Something unusual is going on, but until they uncover the cause of the problem, they can't fix that cause.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
1UNOwen

Jump to solution

Go to 

Settings: 

Network: 

Bandwidth Saver

turn it off.

yobra
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks I'll try that, still disconnecting 1 to 2 times a day

Ashle

Jump to solution

I have a brand new mesh router from xfinity and my roku STILL has this problem. Beyond annoyed with roku at this point. 

0 Kudos