Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatswaller
Channel Surfer

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

More to my previous post:  Now it complains that it can't detect the Ethernet cable.  I've tried 3 different cables, and the switch port sees the connection, and I've got a steady green light and flashing yellow light on the port on the ROKU.  My 35 years of IT experience tells me that layer 1 is OK.  Did ROKU blow up the network stack on the latest S/W release?

Stacey707

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Look on the side or bottom of your router for the SSDI network name.

0 Kudos
1024cbg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After numerous attempts I finally got my Rokus working in the house. I was astonished though when I actually saw ROKU formally publish their standard reboot, connect/disconnect, enter password, change password, etc as the solution to this issue! Have they not realized yet that this is NOT a solution? An actual PROBLEM exists for which a true fix is required. Apparently, it is needed for ALL their products as it is INHERENT IN ALL OF THEM.  What do users have to do to get this message across???

delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So, don't keep us in suspense.... What is the solution you found?  Just getting ready for the next time..

1024cbg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My solution was to go without ROKU for about 3.5 months, using our one Comcast TV that had Xfinity & Netflix only; then doing the on/off, unplug/plug, enter password routine about a zillion times. We had Comcast out numerous times, changed the ROKU, bought new ROKUs, returned new ROKUs all without satisfaction. Even purchased a new booster which did not help the situation. That's why I say this is not a solution, but a temporary band aid. 

I cannot tell you how many times I yelled (in my head) at the device, the network, Comcast, Roku, worthless assistance and dealing with my husband's frustration. There were times I wished we had never moved from Northern VA to the valley as we'd never had this issue with our previous provider. I pray ROKU finally realizes it is their issue and they need to find a permanent fix to their devices. I was a computer techie for a long time and can diagnose this issue as well as anyone else. Telling users to plug/unplug, boot/reboot, enter/change passwords etc is what you tell them when you do not have a permanent solution. 

ROKU needs to fix this permanently.

delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, in the midst of frustration over the problems with our last Roku incident, where I eventually was sent a replacement that seems to be working so far, I bought a firestick. We are Prime, and it is probably close enough to a Roku, although I prefer Roku, that it will get the job done.  

It is now a match up to evaluate longevity, based on small samples.  I have had 4 or 5 Roku devices prior to this and they all became flaky eventually. 

1024cbg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You are just making my day reading how many Roku devices you have gone through. I hope we do not have that experience. My husband will not be happy. Maybe an alternative is in the future? I will have to read up on Firesticks to see how they work, benefits, etc.

delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My judgement is that the availability of various programming might be less it seems to meet my needs, especially perhaps if you are already amazon prime.   

0 Kudos
Lilialee

Jump to solution

My rocker is not connecting to the internet how I do that I called the internet providers and they allowed me to connect but the rocker is not able to connect?

0 Kudos
Lilialee

Jump to solution

How I can connect my Roku to the internet?