Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yobra
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Feel your pain, happens to me at least twice a day. The router is working my internet works but the WiFi stops on all devices not just the Roku. I've heard rumors that the internet providers do this on purpose so you think it's the WiFi speed and they want you to upgrade! Total BS if that's true!!

0 Kudos
yobra
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Doing all that doesn't work, I've tried all suggestions. Talk to my provider they say to do the same process and it still goes out! I've changed my router password, disconnected everything a million times and it continues to happen.

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Amazing this issue has not been resolved.  Only permanent way to fix is to use another streaming device.  That's what I did over a year ago and it's been happy streaming ever since.

yobra
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you buy a new Roku device or another Brand? I have 2 Roku devices, one is the stick and the other is the premier which is the newer of the two. They were both losing WiFi connection! Someone had mentioned that the issue started on one of the last updates on the device, newer version! Hmmmm🤔🤔

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Not a Roku.  Chromecast with Google TV.  I had the Roku premier.  Cannot understand why Roku was unable to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Seminolegranny
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And here it is February of 2022…….. all of a sudden I cannot connect to the internet with my Roku express streaming media player. I’ve done ALL the reboots MANY times. My two computers and two iPhones work PERFECTLY but not my Roku device which I bought in July of 2021. 

yobra
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is a reset button on the device, did you try that? 

0 Kudos
Seminolegranny
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been trying all afternoon to update my software after resetting my device. I am receiving error 003 - Can’t update software. Please wait a few minutes and try again. My status says I’m connected but now I cannot get to my Home Screen. Is this normal for Roku products?

yobra
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have ever had this problem. You may need to contact Roku! Here are tips I googled.

Try these troubleshooting steps below.

Check the internet connection. Make sure your Roku is connected to WiFi. ... 

Restart your Roku. Head to the System menu. ... 

Reset your WiFi router and modem. ... 

Move Roku closer to router and modem. ... 

Connect an Ethernet cable to Roku. ... 

Contact Roku support.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Inertnet doesn't want to connect to the Roku 

0 Kudos