Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victor142

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

My brand new Roku Express 4k + works for one day. Next day have have the same issue as yours. All my other apple devices work fine. I have rebooted , disconnected, factory resented several times. Still same internet poordownload speed. I am considering return it and pay the Apple TV.

0 Kudos
Chumina

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

No puedo conectar el Roku la señal de internet dice que está excelente pero el roku dice  no conectado.Que puedo hacer

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Victor142 @Chumina

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that we only support English in the Roku Community. We had to use google translate to understand your inquiry.

If you're getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Moreover, please be advised that some models of Roku Express are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings System About. Please let us know as well the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

Let us know if that works.

All the best,
Irene

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku is a disappointment.  A REAL disappointment.  I bought the ROKU stick five years ago, and never had a problem with it.  Eventually, it died and I replaced it with the ROKU express.  The express never remains connected to the Wifi.  It cannot connect when EVERY other wifi lovin' device in my home can.  When I inquire about why my ROKU is doing this to me, Roku blames my internet provider.  But everything else is working fine.   Just not ROKU.  I guess I'll have to look for another option.   

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@alliciadarling

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tojarn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a 3900X ROKU Express and I can confirm this is technically NOT a ROKU issue.

I have XFINITY and I could reset, reconnect the modem and ROKU stick and the connection would return then would be lost after 10 mins or so before disconnecting on its own.

Rinse, Repeat and Anger....

I called XFINITY and they pushed out a dedicated 2.4GHz signal from my router.

I connected to the new dedicated signal and voila...  No issues and faster than ever.

It seems the new router firmware adjusted the Wifi signal so it no longer works on older ROKU devices.

I'm not tech savvy enough to understand it, but it worked.

0 Kudos
Snafu420

Jump to solution

I don't use a router at all and share my internet with my close neighbor who has a router.  Would it help if I used a router then hook into my Roku cuz I also lose connection especially during the day where late night I don't have any issues.  However my tablet kicks me off after a short time and won't even bring up available  networks when normally there are like 15 listed what the heck

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Snafu420

Thanks for the post.

If you're getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet.

We do suggest trying to power cycle your Roku device as well as the router. Can you please provide us the serial number as well the model number of your Roku device.

Please let us know what troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Haleypnw

Jump to solution

Try changing your WiFi password.

I jumped through hoops to try and figure out why my roku kept disconnecting and I found that if I just reset my WiFi password it automatically starts workin again!

It’s annoying but I’m lazy and don’t want to do any more investigating. I’ve had to change my password 3 or 4 times this month to make the roku work again. 

0 Kudos
Keith22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unplug the HDMI and the power cable for at least 10 min then after 10 min then plug it back in and you should be all set. I tried everything unplug, reset, sncy  both at the same time Nothing worked until I unplugged both and waited 10 min. I have had no problem so far. Watching Sunday night football. Don’t be discouraged! Give it a shot and see what happens Good luck!!  

0 Kudos