Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cloudmaster5
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Thank you. This could well be our problem. We've had multiple electrical storms. Will do the update to both the Modem and the ROKU software.

Best wishes! 

Joe

0 Kudos
vjrocket

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I did all that and my Roku 4K Express still loses internet!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @vjrocket

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you're getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Moreover, please be advised that some models of Roku Express are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About. Please let us know as well the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hanuna75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done all the suggestions here and my Roku express still doesn’t work the next day, once you reboot the router everything works, but is really annoying to have to reboot the router DAILY. What is a permanent solution here?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Hanuna75, it's hard to know what "all the suggestions here" entails, but I'll offer another if it wasn't already mentioned.  Make sure your router's Wi-Fi channel isn't set to "Auto" (choose a channel from 1 to 11; 1, 6, or 11 are often recommended, but not necessary) and try to set up a DHCP reservation for your Express.  If you don't know how to do those things post the brand and model number of your router and someone will help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hanuna75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojim  we have spectrum router it just says that

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Oh, Spectrum.  A lot of people report strange problems with Spectrum.  Is there a model number written on it anywhere?  There should also be a sticker on it with how to log in.  Something like: 

Router login:  192.168.1.1
   Username:  admin
   Password:  admin

You may be able to use their app on your phone to make router changes, but I have no experience with that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Stevie70

Jump to solution

I just got a new modem and router from Spectrum and NOW my wifi keeps going in and out on my Roku stick but my phone works and son's laptop work just fine with the Wifi so am tempted to just buy another Netgear or other brand router (I had a Netgear router before the Spectrum one)

0 Kudos
Jv4

Jump to solution

We have had this Roku for a long time. All we did was just replace the batteries in the remote and now it will not connect. We have unplugged Roku stick and also Tv. Still not working the word Roku just keeps jumping up and down but will not connect

0 Kudos
Klutz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Your issue sounds different from the rest of the string.  Have you tried removing power (hard restart) from the Roku?

0 Kudos