Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LARamsKing
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I just bought a fire stick. Problem solved!

CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I did as well and they function flawlessly. I think Roku focused efforts on getting users to sign up for Roku accounts and purchase through them rather than staying current with technology. Kind of evident in the way they hard code brands into their remotes. But since I used the Fire TV sticks to replace the Roku devices, I haven't even had to think about technology. Will be removing my Roku account soon. Just have to work on the one Roku TV next.

Mel60

Jump to solution

I did all of these suggestions and I am still w/o working ROKU after 24hr. I even did factory reset to no avail. All I want to do is watch my tv!!!!!!

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ditch Roku.  There are alternatives on the market.

0 Kudos
Rawbebaba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I wouldn't recommend doing this if you use the spectrum app as you won't be able to download it again after you reset your box 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mel60

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What specifically are you experiencing? Can you provide the steps to reproduce this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rawbebaba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 4 roku premieres, what happens is with 2 of them they intermittently either lose connection or sit around 4-18 mbps download speed constantly freezing and buffering, however in the same locations when I check my internet speed I'm getting 100 mbps download speeds, wether on checking on my phone through my provider, or powering up my PS4 which is within and checking connection on that and I'm getting 100 plus, yet the Roku box is saying 4-19. There is nothing I can do to reproduce this or stop it. 

0 Kudos
tanerakn
Reel Rookie

Hello there, You need to change the wireless>

Jump to solution

Hello there, You need to change the wireless> control channel settings in your modem settings. roku only accepts 1 to 11 values. You will see that you are connected through wireless when you change these values.

0 Kudos
vidriduch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you @RokuDanny-R, I agree with previous posts, replacing Roku with Chromecast fixed the problems for me. All the best!!!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Rawbebaba 

In your router settings, there is a setting labeled QoS (Quality of Service).  Normally located under Wireless or Advanced Settings.  Here you can specify a priority to different devices on your network.  This way, the streaming needs will prioritize over other network devices using your wifi signal.  Sometimes you have to configure your router to meet your various wireless device's needs.  If you need more help with this, can post back with your router model number and can attempt to optimize your router that should make your devices hopefully run a little smoother.  You will need to access your router's admin page/interface to make these changes normally.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos