Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
counselor
Streaming Star

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

As I posted earlier, Roku is the problem, not the solution.  I have binned my Roku Premiere and am happily streaming with Chromecast with Google TV.

0 Kudos
KimIris27
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

These Roku TV's have built in camera's inside of them. They have your IP address, and can control your TV, by turning it ON, OFF, or Changing the channels. Also when they watch you in the privacy of your own home they are recording you, to get dirt on you to use at a later date. I learned that the hard way. If you have a Roku TV in your bedroom, cover it with a heavy or dark cover before you take care of business, or you might be getting a letter blackmailing you out of your hard earned money. These ass holes watched everything I was doing in my bedroom and the next day I got an email threating me that they will release my video on all social media platforms if I don't pay them. They told me everything that went on in my bedroom the night before. I contacted the FBI, and filed a complaint. Someone who works for Roku probably, because they have my IP address and my Cable password.

0 Kudos
dudubraun
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@KimIris27 wrote:

These Roku TV's have built in camera's inside of them. They have your IP address, and can control your TV, by turning it ON, OFF, or Changing the channels. Also when they watch you in the privacy of your own home they are recording you, to get dirt on you to use at a later date. I learned that the hard way. If you have a Roku TV in your bedroom, cover it with a heavy or dark cover before you take care of business, or you might be getting a letter blackmailing you out of your hard earned money. These ass holes watched everything I was doing in my bedroom and the next day I got an email threating me that they will release my video on all social media platforms if I don't pay them. They told me everything that went on in my bedroom the night before. I contacted the FBI, and filed a complaint. Someone who works for Roku probably, because they have my IP address and my Cable password.

I’m sorry this happened to you! As unhappy as I am with Roku in general lately, Roku TVs do NOT have built-in cameras. If the hackers provided an accurate “play-by-play” of your “IRL” activities in the room, it had to have been done by other means. 

0 Kudos
Lizdehart75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Several times a week, without fail. Roku Express. Fix your issue, Roku. 

0 Kudos
Lizdehart75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

None of the solutions in the various sub-threads work for me. Fix your Roku. 

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Let me make it perfectly clear:  the problem has nothing to do with routers or anything that isn't named Roku.  Before finally giving up I could see in the settings that I was connected and had a strong wi-fi signal despite the fact that Roku was telling me that I wasn't connected.  It is inexplicable that Roku hasn't addressed such a widespread problem.  Save your time and energy and switch to Chromecast or another streaming device that actually works.

0 Kudos
fatswaller
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, I don't know how to break this news, but our Roku 2 has resurrected itself from being a brick to fully stable and functional as long is it's connected via WiFi.  The LAN connection still won't stay up for more than a few seconds.  This happened after we upgrade our Internet service from 50Mbps ADSL to 1Gb Fibe.  It also involved a swap-out of the modem/router from a Home Hub 2000 to a 3000.  Not sure why that would matter, because the Roku was then and is still connected to a TP-Link AV500/AV600 powerline adapter system which is then connected to a Home Hub LAN port.  Mind you, it's only 3 days since the upgrade, but prior to this, the wifi connection wouldn't stay up for more than a few minutes.  Also, the SSID of the TP-Link is different than that of the modem, so it's definitely not connected by wifi to the modem directly.  The LAN connection from the Roku used to work just fine until the new firmware load was pushed in.

0 Kudos
Ppagentine55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a roku tv and the same happens cross me, never will buy a roku tv again, never!!!!

0 Kudos
SM7

Jump to solution

Tried all these things and nothing worked so I bought a firestick lite for $20 and works perfectly. 

0 Kudos
rm9843
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing.  Shows connected and excellent strength but then it just goes out again.  I thought about buying an extender or upgrade from Roku express but that's just more money when I have no idea if that will fix the issue.  Just bought it last night.