Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legolasmcm

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I'm on 9.4 and if said it last updated on 12.10.2020. I think this has been going on for more days than that. 

0 Kudos
Rolandsizzers
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Swapped to an Anazon Firestick Lite which works perfectly!

0 Kudos
Klutz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As of 11:00 am EST, v9.4.0, Build 4190 was the most current when I update checked.

For me, this started 11/11/20.

I have not heard of anyone that switched to FireStick that had a problem, not did they need to change any wifi settings. (Including myself.)

0 Kudos
CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Switching to something else is really the only way to fix it. Roku does not respond to these issues and when they do, they tell you to reboot your system every time. It's a frustrating no-fix and they go onto the next issue. Until Roku catches up and their devices can handle the 200MB of WiFi you throw at it, you're best to switch to something else. If anyone is reading this and wondering which device they should use... use the firestick. Use Amazon the entire way. Roku was first, out-of-box, but they fell behind and don't have the ability to catch up to today's technology or customer service. Buy Roku and you are on your own. Your device will not be able to stream the way you think it should and you'll be in forever loop of rebooting your server on advice from a person they just hired who knows nothing about the Roku product.

0 Kudos
lvcta21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I really wish I could just get my money back on this **bleep** thing. I hate throwing money down the drain!

0 Kudos
CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Go here: https://support.roku.com/article/218003557

At the bottom of the page, click "No" and then lay into them. Maybe if enough people do that, they'll think maybe they should come clean and tell people their system only works with WiFi from 2005 or prior, or maybe, just maybe, they'll hire a programmer that can solve the issue. Maybe a disgruntled Firestick programmer will go work for Roku and fix the issue?

0 Kudos
Speedyp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Pass this on to CORPORATE....If Roku doesn't resolve the disconnecting problems, 1000's of users are having their stock will not stay at $260.00 per share very long!  The standard jargon of "tell more so I can better understand your problem" doesn't fly. We all have rebooted our modems, unplugged our sticks and players, turned off the power and your devices still won't connect or freeze up or lose connection to the wifi even if the modem is next to the TV. Come on...fix this problem with a patch and do it NOW!

My Roku stick+ is just over a year old and it worked great until your updates crashed everybody's device.

0 Kudos
shanks2k

Jump to solution

@Schmooey  It didn't work. Getting amazing results while testing out the speed (over 190 Mbps).

All other devices have no issues on the network, except Roku. It used to work well until a week or two back and now it's terrible. Keeps buffering/poor resolution on Prime Video, Netflix,  Youtube etc. The worse part is there is no way to reach out to Roku. Unfortunately, the only solution seems to be to replace it. 

fcaberera

Jump to solution

I have same issue it seems if you disconnect for 10 in or so then power back on it works fine..  Did anyone find a solution?  Has Roku mentioned any new firmware?

0 Kudos
MitchellMB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This solution that worked for my set concerns losing WiFi connectivity only. This fix does not address buffering issues: 

for WiFi connectivity drops: try settings/power/fast tv start/enabled

2 months since doing this based on recommendation on this forum earlier and it’s worked fine. Knock on wood.....

good luck! 

0 Kudos