Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modoc723

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I just tried Roku online tech support - after several interactions with a bot that just said to restart, after I had told it I already had - multiple times - it offered to let me talk to a real person - for a fee.

I’m done - I’m going with another Firestick or another Apple TV - both work just fine without All the frustrating BS.

Bye Roku - tell Robbie Robot he just lost another customer.

0 Kudos
DG1981

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

My remote also stops working so I have to take the batteries out and put them back in to make a couple of moves.  Then start over even when trying all the steps below to reconnect.  This includes the password.  So to restart 1 of my 4 Rokus it can take 30-45 min.  

lvcta21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still loses connection after about 5 minutes. Doesn't matter if its hard wired ethernet or connected via wireless. Home router works flawlessly with every device except Roku. Sent the Roku in for a brand new one, and the issue remains the same. It would appear that there is a compatibility issue between Roku and Arris routers, or at the very least, my model. (SBG7600AC2)

0 Kudos
Liz007

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R What I’m reading from every post is that, their Rokutv is having trouble staying connected to the internet. It initially connects, less than a minute later it disconnects. Then, you would have to go back and manually reconnect it. To then have the whole disconnecting issue happen again a minute later.  All the “solution” that I see being posted by a roku rep is to check wifi internet connection, make sure the router is broadcasting on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network yada, yada. 

with pages and pages of posts of people complaining, ALL ABOUT THE SANE EXACT ISSUE, has it dawned on you that the issue with the roku tv not staying connected to the internet has probably nothing to do with the internet connection itself? Rather a problem with the actual tv?

How about you get creative and find a real solution to a problem that seems to be an ongoing issue with a lot of customers that took a chance and invested money in your product. 

0 Kudos
Rdjntx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Factory reset does no good

I spent several hours with the folks over in SW Asia over this.  both spectrum and Roku. they were equally worthless in solving this problem and they like to blame each other rather than truly looking at the problem and coming up with a viable solution.  

All evidence suggests that Roku pushed an update that broke older modems. I don't know what their testing of new product involves (or even if there is one) but this one they missed something.  Over multiple threads there is one common theme  roku models of every stripe suddenly quit working.  They show a strong wireless connection but no internet connectivity.  a fair number of problems involve Spectrum ISP.  

The one solution that so far seems fairly universal is to swap out your modem for a newer one.  when I took mine back the lady said they don't even carry that model anymore.   I have been messing with computers for most of my career both as a hobby and as a job. All the troubleshooting Roku gives you on their website and in this thread is worthless for this particular problem. Their service desk is unhelpful they will lead you through all the same trouble shooting that "Danny" says to do in a different thread and then will say"contact your ISP).  your ISP will lead you through a bunch of equally worthless exercises and say "contact roku" and back and forth you go.  

Do what most of the rest of us did,  Swap out your modem for a newer model. and if that doesn't work "fade back 10 yards and punt" as my father used to say. 

0 Kudos
lvcta21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agreed. It appears that the most recent update to the Roku device is the culprit with the "losing connection" issue.  I finally gave up, and downloaded the Sling App to my computer and just ran a hard wire to the t.v.....Problem solved.  Thanks for nothing, Roku!

jamiesonny

Jump to solution

I have this problem. I notice the same with my friend. 

The lesson is to NEVER buy a roku TV, quality is third rate.

Their solution is to disconnect and reconnect, i had to do this all the timetimes it works, sometimes it doessn't. 

I notice everyone telling me "Roku" is pretty much synonymous to trash product. 

0 Kudos
Dfitter

Jump to solution

Looks like time to move on! I tried, but Roku did not 🤬

Brandy1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s such a joke. They blame my internet speed yet the roku worked flawlessly for at least two years. Talk about zero accountability!! I’m starting to wonder if there are expiration dates on these things so you HAVE to go buy a new one. No thanks. I’m going to another brand. 

MitchellMB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is there a software update on the horizon? I have a 65 and a 48 TCL and they are in different rooms. One is in sane room as router. I have rebooted both TVs and the router which was a pain because I had to go back and religiously into all apps. The TVs still disconnect from the internet when powered off so every time they are turned on, I have to reset up the connection. Got it down to a few seconds to do this but curious why they continuously drop connection when other devices stay connected. I returned my original 36 TCL because it had the same issue but looks like it is the TV itself. Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos