Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A5
Channel Surfer

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

On my tv my roku is saying its not connected

KimIris27
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Yes, I have the same problem. mine stopping three days ago after, an update. I did all the steps, went as far as a factory reset and unlinked it from Roku. Can relink it without a connection, about to throw it in the trash and maybe buy a new one, or just get cable. 

0 Kudos
KimIris27
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just got an email from Roku announcing their new unit.  I think Roku is pulling an "Apple" - pushing out a Trojan Horse software update that causes these problems so consumers will just think it's time to upgrade to the new unit.  Remember Apple got busted for this, too....

That is something to think about. I got an update three days ago, and my TV hasn't connected to the internet since. I was about to buy a new Roku TV but I think I will wait to see what is happening.

0 Kudos
KimIris27
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine is an RCA bought it from Walmart. Had it for one year only, after update it hasn't worked in the last three days. tried everything. 

0 Kudos
fatswaller
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've got my Roku working again by unplugging the Ethernet cable.  It seems to work fine with the WiFi connection as long as the cable isn't plugged in.  Plug the cable back in, and it quckly stops working on either connection.  Everything worked fine until Roku pushed an update back in August.  No idea why that would be.

0 Kudos
fatswaller
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, here's another paranoid thought.  I wouldn't put it past your ISP to mess with traffic and connectivity in and out of your router if it competes with their own entertainment offerings.  That could explain why other devices continue to work normally, and not the Roku.  Doesn't explain why the Firestick mostly works,, but I'm seeing situations recently where traffic seems to blocked into both devices, but not to Pcs and the like.

0 Kudos
delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You don't need paranoid fantasies to explain Roku problems.   In the past several years I have had 5 roku devices.  Only one is still working reliably.     

0 Kudos
Danab

Jump to solution

My Roku Tv also kicks out the internet YouTube and Netflix. I resolved the YouTube issue but now it’s the internet. The Tv also turned off multiple timesI just recently purchased this Tv had I known it would malfunction I would have not brought it. To think I just another one. Terrible quality 

0 Kudos
pds3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Who in their right mind would go through all that **bleep**.  Simpler to just get rid of Roku and try something that works.

0 Kudos
pds3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I totally agree!

0 Kudos