Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

You need to know the name of your network, and the password.   Then you go to the appropriate menu, forget what it is called and select your network and enter the password.    It should connect.   

You should go to the roku site with  your computer and select the channels you want, and set up an account.  

0 Kudos
charleyrich
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on my TCL Roku TV.  I am using a wired connection and the Roku TV says I have a 70 Mbs connection.  But, right in the middle of a show, the Roku TV it loses internet connection.  But everything else in the hose is connected without a problem. 

I am running 9.3 on the Roku TV

tonyrom18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 3 ruko tvs and they all do the same. Its annoying!

PATOLIVE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Will I use my own  password 

0 Kudos
PATOLIVE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What is my network name said and password

0 Kudos
reneea

Jump to solution

I have this problem as well. It just stopped connecting to the internet. The internet feeding the Roku is fine, it acknowledges it, but it won't connect. It's a Roku 3. I've tried everything -- and then I thought I'd re-connect the Roku, so I deleted it on my file and now can't re-instate it because it won't connect to the internet. I so hope you can help me. Everything else works fine. Thank you.

markus24

Jump to solution

we are having the same problem it disconnects and re connects minutes later and it does it all the time, sometimes it will be off for 1 minute or 5. The biggest problem is this is a typical internet company and they don't have a costumer service department, no one to call and no where to e-mail your problem or complain, they don't want to pay anyone to help us solve our problems all they want to do is sell us things.

Tess840
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THIS IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I feel your pain.

Same thing happened to me. Every day, multiple times per day, the roku would just disconnect from internet and have no connection. I would restart my roku multiple times per day and it would loose connection multiple times per day. Even though wifi signal strength was good.

My only solution was to reset network connection.

Go to settings and find advanced settings and then go to reset network connection. 

Make sure you have your wifi password handy because once you reset network connection, the roku will restart and once it's back on you will have to set up wireless network all over again like you did when you first set up roku.

So you will need to enter your WiFi password. 

This helped me. It's been 2 days now and so far so good. No issues. No having to restart roku or having to try and reconnect to network.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!

#roku #rokuconnection #connection 

ElieT

Jump to solution

I have two roku ultras - both Wired on fios. The one in a bedroom is unstable and while watching I keep seeing that circle where the show freezes ... while the downstairs connected to the router has never had a problem ... the connection upstairs when I plug the wire in my computer works well...(with speed up to 950mbps) 

running out of options... help.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mine used to drop connection randomly and has stopped doing it now.