Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJalder
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Doesn't make up for a **bleep** network card and software

camps1952
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

i have 2 new roko express and the one in bedroom works fine abut keeps saying connect to the internet or else says mode not supported. i have had the one in family room for 3 weeks and was working fine till this all of a sudden starting to happen. the bedroom room works fine aith no issues. cant talk to anyone about it and and while your watching a show or movie it pops up no internet connection check your connection. Do i need to have cable come or is there something i can do. this has been going on for the last 3 days.

thank you.

camps1973@yahoo.com

Wizard72

Re: Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku devices in my home and all work well except in one room.  I have an older Roku device, but because I wanted to have access to newer streaming apps, I upgraded to a new device about five months ago (2 Roku expresses and 1 Roku Premier so far).  I have an Apple Airport extreme (1 Base and two extenders) in my house.  All devices (except the one new Roku appear to work fine).  All of the devices set up just fine when first installed (see router and connect successfully).  After about two weeks, all three say no internet connection and never reconnect.  Using all of the troubleshooting steps does not help.  Note:  The older Roku always functions with no internet issues.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Airpirate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It appears that many owners are having WiFi connection issues. Unfortunately, the only "official" advise from Roku on this forum is to "reboot, unplug, etc, etc". A few days ago, I plugged my Roku Ultra into the modem/router directly using an Ethernet cable. Absolutely no issues! Instead of losing signal several times per day, I have not had a single instance of lost signal. I realize that many don't have an easy way to connect using Ethernet, so I hope Roku will step up and fix this problem. Unfortunately, hope is not a plan.

RJalder
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After having issues with my wired connection I finally setup the wireless connection on the Ultra so I could switch between the two connections. I tried the wireless connection for the first time, had excellent sIgnal strength, opened Hulu Live and couldn’t connect, opened Netflix app and resumed a movie that seemed to take a little longer to buffer than the wired connection. Repeated and it worked fine. Hardware? Who knows, I don’t want to make a career out of figuring this out. I believe support is sending a new device since this one is still under warranty 

Jump to solution

What is SSID and network passwords? My son gave me this Roku for Christmas and set it up for me so I really do not know anything about this device.  Right now I am ready to throw it out a window. Will be in the middle of watching something and it stops working. I have gone through resetting router and reconnecting to internet but it continues to drop connection. This is really annoying

Airpirate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SSID is the name of your home wifi network. It can be a name you or your son came up with or the default name that came with your router. The password for your home network can also be something you came up with or the default one that came with the router. Call your son, and he should be able to talk you through it.

0 Kudos
MayerJoey

Jump to solution

Slow on technology Roku is.  They need to upgrade their specs along with the fast advancing technology we have today.  Sorry if you bought a Roku.  It's better to learn from other wrongs so I can make a right purchase.  Thanks for the info.  I will be returning my devices

Jump to solution

Is your only help telling us to restart everything. Maybe I just need to stand closer to the intena or give it a good couple smacks. This isn't 1999 iv only had this thing for 6-8 months. 

fatswaller
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Seems our ROKU 2 problems with network connectivity got a lot worse with the latest S/W 'upgrade', pushed out I believe on June 3.  It was working fine with an Ethernet connection, now if it connects at all, it's slower than molasses, and now today won't connect at all for more than a few seconds.  All other Ethernet devices in the house on the same network are fine.  The Firestick works fine, but that's connected to the WiFi side of the router.  I've moved the ROKU to a separate port on a different LAN switch, and connected it to my PC monitor to test.  Exact same problem.  I've even reset the ROKU to factory defaults, and now I can't stay connected long enough to re-register it.  Pretty infuriating.  Maybe time for an upgrade to another Firestick.