Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDR54
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I have 3 roku's and only one cuts out, and it only happens on the roku channel, everything else works fine. Signal strength is excellent, but watching roku channel on that one unit is a problem, cuts out about every 10 to 15 minutes. I added a repeater to take the signal from good to excellent, but it still does it.

KDR54
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Already tried rebooting/resetting roku, will try it again, but don't expect much of a difference.

Why would roku channel be the only channel with an issue.

Jump to solution

Agree, it’s ridiculous. I have followed the useless reboot “solution” many times and STILL lose connection, and then often when I HAVE a connection the picture is terrible. When I go to Check Connection it’s showing signal strength of Excellent and a download speed of 48mbps. NONE of the other things connected to this network are having an issue. When is Roku going to provide a fix other than the worthless reboot BS?!

@Nas84 wrote:

Like others have said.. we can continue to "reset" all we want, that is not the problem. I'm having the same exact issues. Started with two separate Roku Express units. Was having to reset both units multiple times a day. Got sick of it and figured maybe they were just **bleep** models. Went out and bought the "best Roku offers" in the Roku Ultra. Got them home, hooked them both up and worked fine. Came home from work and turn the tv on and have no connection. Went to the other Ultra unit and guess what.... no connection. 

Here's the best part, I have a old roku Premiere. It works when none of the others will.

So again, Roku can keep saying to reboot all they want but there is plainly something wrong with their newer units. At this point I think I'm just going to set my almost $400 worth of **bleep** Roku players on fire and buy something else. This is ridiculous.

wb2dyb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, you're not alone. Roku seems brain dead from what I read. They even screwed up a replacement Express and sent it to my old address when I gave them the right one. I have three express units that all worked fine and a few weeks ago they buffer over and over and cannot even connect to locast at all. Doind the network test wifi is fine. But can't see internet. rebooted everything, changed wifi channels, no good.

nconachen

Jump to solution

What a hunk a junk this stick is. Please stop asking us to do basic troubleshoot steps, and focus on getting a resolution. Your product clearly has an issue, and you are running out of excuses for us to do. Thanks

Dov
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue in both Rokus I have installed in 2 different devices. Is not the internet connection, it is Roku. I just took them off and connect FireTv and it's working perfect.

ROKU FIX THE ISSUE 

1024cbg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This issue is a ROKU COMPANY problem that needs to be fixed by them. The standard unplug, reboot, enter password etc is not a fix. If it works it is a band aid to a long term problem which  will continue to fester. A permanent fix/repair is required for all ROKU devices. Someone with contacts inside the company needs to get that message across.

Airpirate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Along with many others, my two Roku Ultra units lose the wifi connection every day. One thing I havent seen mentioned here, is that every time I go to Settings/Network/Check Connection, the units lose wifi immediately. Often, after this, it is very difficult to get the connection back. I am using only 2.4 GHz. My signal strength at the Roku is showing -27 dBm, which is good. Has anyone on this forum had a successful outcome for this widespread problem?

jg1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same problem go to setting under network click on internet. Then check connect it will give you better connect . You might have to do this 2 or 3 time to get stronger connection.

Jump to solution

I am using a wired connection and at least once a day it will disconnect and have me to the connection test where it is successful. After I complete the test I could go back to view the show ( Netflix , Hulu etc.) 

0 Kudos