Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Afreddino
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

After three weeks and to visit from Comcast and hours on the phone with Roku and Comcast my problem is finally fixed. Comcast put out some kind of update and it fried the 2.4. One absolute nitwit at Comcast told me I just had to do without 2.4. 

I demanded to speak to a supervisor. So they sent someone out and he brought the newest modem and my 2.4 is back up. So get Comcast to bring out a new modem for you, to see if that’s the problem.

Lizard63
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

the same thing is happening with me. The practically new roku+ won't work because it keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet. Ive unplugged box and router and restarted it all. same message. My Roku TV works fine, my laptop, phones, everything, just not the new roku for my living rooms TV. whats happening?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lizard63 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend checking out some wireless troubleshooting steps on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku streaming device

If your issue is still unresolved, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lizard63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried all of the tips and tricks. I thinks theres something wrong with the box, which I bought from y'all just last fall I believe. How do I email you?

Lizard63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

also, when I go to settings, system, about, it won't let me go there because it thinks there's no internet connection

Mmeneely
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So my roku started working again and then now here we go again 🤬🤬 no I can’t get thru a show without it saying I lost connection when every single other electronic in my house works!!!! This roku **bleep** is soooooooo annoying 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lizard63 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information on how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lizard63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

how do i Pm you? I can't get the serial number, I can't get to the 'about' section in the settings because it thinks I have no internet connection.

delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Isnt there a serial number printed or embossed on the device?

0 Kudos
Schmooey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In addition to, or in place of, the fix I posted in February, try changing your WiFi password on your router,  then reboot your router. You will have to change your WiFi password on all of your devices, not just your Roku(s), but many times that corrects connection issues with a variety of devices. If you are unable to change your router’s password, your internet provider can do it remotely. If you are renting a modem-router, they cannot charge you for it when most or all of your devices suddenly cannot connect (hint hint when you call). I still believe its a bug in Roku’s update because this issue occurred at the same time my Roku’s did an update, just like last month. Best of luck my severely frustrated Roku family!