Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

Not a roku guy, but all quit at same time?

Try to connect to hotspot off your phone. If that works then something wit router most likely, so do the trouble shooting process, reboot router etc 

0 Kudos
BobS3717

Jump to solution

I have been through pages and pages of this issue in your forum.  Nothing has worked.  Even getting to the secret systems menu didn't work.  Not sure how to IM Danny, as he must have a solution, but will not provide to the forum.

Danny, please send me the secret answer to solving this problem, or at lease the secret to sending you an IM.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BobS3717 

Thanks for the note.

For information on how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
BevP

Jump to solution

Same for me

1024cbg
Channel Surfer

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Danny,

If after going through the suggested steps in the Roku Support Manuel on What Should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or internet  and there is NO change what are your recommendations?? My network has speeds of 2.4 and 5 MGHz so that should not be the issue. 

I am on the verge of having one of Best Buy's GEEK guys come out as he wants to see this and try to find a final fix. Comcast techs are not trained in fixing issues with Roku though they have an agreement together. This is so very frustrating.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

@1024cbg 

Thanks for the note

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
NickT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat. Every other device in my house is working fine on the wifi, but my roku hasn't worked in 4 or 5 days now. I contacted support and they essentially said it must be a problem with my internet.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NickT 

Thanks for the note.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

What model device are you trying to connect to your wireless network? Have you reboot your device and the router? Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NickT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To anybody following this, it's still not working. Just in case it was an issue with my wifi (even though every other device in my house has no problems), I called my ISP and got my speeds increased. In a speed test, I'm getting about 150 megabits download speed on most devices. Yet my roku express is still claiming either a poor connection or low download speeds. I'm getting ready to punt this dang roku

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NickT 

Thanks for the note.

Are you seeing any errors screens when you are seeing this issue? Can you please provide us with screenshots so we can look further into this issue for you?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos