Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Why do you keep responding to people with the same tired boilerplate?   Yeah, we all reboot etc when our Roku devices suddenly stop working while sitting in the same place that they were before.  

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and think it's quite pathetic that Roku has no live tech support to help you through their sorry product issues... Everything in my house works fine expect my worthless Roku paperweight.  I'm sick and tired of having to reset my Roku, retype all the passwords into the apps, etc.  Please send me a refund because this worthless product is going to my trashcan, where it actually adds value to me and my family.

1024cbg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Our Roku has been down since October 2019 on 2 TVs. I have even had our cable company out to make sure it was not an issue with them as well as purchasing 2 new Rokus. Still have not gotten Roku to work. Our original Rokus worked just fine for over a year then all of a sudden stopped connecting with the internet. They saw the network in the house, had good upload and download speeds but got the 14 and 14.30 error message all the time. Even had the router swapped out. I have rebooted so many times and typed in the passwords till I am sick of them. My husband has been after me to fix this problem. Well, its not my problem and I have done everything I know and have been directed to do. This process is NOT working. THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE ROKU. 

I am not purchasing another Roku, swapping out anymore equipment, changing anymore passwords, rebooting another piece of equipment. The company needs to fix this issue. If not, the Rokus we have will be returned and we will find another way to improve our viewing experience.

Very frustrated.

delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah, after fooling around with mine for a day it would start to boot with dancing letters and then hang with a blank screen.  Basically bricked.  Tried reset button, didn't help.   yes held it for over 40 seconds.  

My record with roku devices is like 50-50 last more than a year or so.   Still have the first one I bought.   It still works.   Later ones   sometimes sometimes not. 

kitumbach

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the problem of slow or no internet connection that has been reported by many users after the recent system software update.  The Roku stick was previously being used without a problem on another router in December but I have moved so the ISP and router are different.  However I do not think ISP or router are necessarily the problem because other devices connect to the WiFi and are able to stream. 

Model: 3600X-Roku Stick

Software version 9.2.0 build 4804-24  (it was updated today Feb. 11)

My router is set to 2.4GHz-G only and is set to Channel 11.  My computer, phone, Google Home devices, etc.  have no problem with connecting to the internet via this router and the speed is good:  16 Mbps download, 15 Mbps upload.  When I run the "Check Connection"  under "Network" on the Settings menu on the Roku,   I immediately get the green check mark for the "Wireless Connection" but I almost always get the "internet download speed is poor"  Error code 018.  If I check the connection repeatedly once in a while I get the green check mark for the "internet connection" but when I check it again I get the 018 Error code. Under the network information it gives the Internet Download speed as "Poor (0 Mbps)"  It does see the IP address of my router.  I ran the factory reset today and although it updated the software, I still have the problem.  I have obviously rebooted the router and the Roku and nothing changes. 

I would like to be able to PM to Roku staff to provide additional details. 

Katesue35

Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

As of yesterday, 2/10/2020, all of our Roku's (we have 4) are not recognizing the internet. The TV is connected to WiFi, but the Roku will not connect.  Strange thing is, we have one TV with a Roku stick and it works just fine.  On the others, when you try and connect, it sees our WiFi, but spins for awhile and then says no connection detected. We have walked through all the step recommended, (reset router, system update, etc) and still nothing.  HELP!!

dgrace
Roku Guru

Re: Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

More than one having the problem, unless an update to them all caused it, is too coincidental. I'd start looking at your router settings. Maybe you have exhausted your pool of dhcp ip addresses and need a refresh on them.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@1024cbg @Katesue35 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

I would be happy to take a deeper look into the issue that you are experiencing. Can you please answer the following questions for me:
- If you have a Roku Express/Premiere, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kitumbach 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Have you tried changing your wireless network to a 5GHz frequency? We would also recommend trying to connect to an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot to see if you are able to connect to the network. If you are able to connect to an alternate network, then it would be an issue with your home network.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnyryall

Re: Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

I have three doing this exact same thing. All other non-boku wireless devices working fine but my Roku3, my Premire+ and my brand new streaming stick (bought 2 weeks ago, setup and working then, no IP).

All on 9.2.0 4804 except streaming stick 9.2.0 4807

Any ideas?