Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Destinymaec
Reel Rookie

Long range wireless receiver cable came out of the box completely broken

I recently bought the Roku streaming stick 4K that comes with the long range wireless receiver cable. Mine is the 3820x model. The long range wireless receiver cable that came with it was completely broken at the end when I opened it. How do I get this piece replaced? The cords on the accessory page seem to only be for 3810 or 3811 models. I just paid $55 for this device and it’s broken before I can even use it.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Long range wireless receiver cable came out of the box completely broken

@Destinymaec 

Did you buy it locally? Roku sticks are sold by Walmart, Best Buy, and other retailers. If you bought it locally, take it back.

If you bought it online, return it using the retailer's returns process.

If you bought it directly from Roku, use the Roku Returns page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R@RokuKariza-D, & @RokuMary-F

Pehaps it was a damaged unit that somebody returned and got resold to you.  See if you can return it to where you purchased it and exchange for a new one.   You might find that quicker and less frustrating than trying to deal with the Roku warranty system.

Warranty claim instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Destinymaec
Reel Rookie

I did buy it at Walmart however I don’t have the receipt or box. I opened it, tossed the trash, plugged it in, it acted like it was loading for a really long time so I went ahead and left for work that night and planned to just try again the next day. I got a chance to try connecting it the next day. When it still wouldn’t connect I took a look and all of the pieces and noticed that the piece that plugs into the actual streaming stick is completely messed up. The trash had been taken off by this time so no chance of getting the receipt or box back 😭

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Destinymaec 

Yeah, you're gonna have to go the Roku: Returns route. I had to use it one time. Took about a week.

Of course, this brings up some questions. I'm asking because we don't want to solve the wrong problem.

How did you determine the cable was broken out of the box? It must not have appeared that way, or you wouldn't have tried to set it up. So, what led you to that conclusion?

Understand that I'm just wanting to ensure we're going about things correctly. For example, if there's a network setting that Roku doesn't like -- that's more common on the Express, but can happen on other devices, though this is rare -- then replacing the Roku won't accomplish anything.

So, what led to the conclusion that it's the cable, if it looked good to begin with?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Destinymaec
Reel Rookie

It didn’t appear to have any issues initially but I also wasn’t looking for anything specifically until it didn’t work. And then I took a closer look and noticed that the charging head that connects into the actual stick is pulled almost all the way out of the end of the charging cable. It still plugs into the streaming stick but it’s clearly disconnected from its power supply internally due to being pulled out so far.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Destinymaec 

Thanks. Again, just wanted to ensure that the part is indeed the issue, so you don't want to replace and still be disappointed.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Destinymaec
Reel Rookie

Absolutely! I totally get it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I've found Wal-Mart to be pretty easy to deal with on returns. 

I once exchanged a small digital camera that proved to be defective I had bought at Wal-Mart on a trip out of state for a new one when I returned home.

If you paid by credit card can you log into your CC account and print off a page showing the charge?  They might accept that as proof of purchase.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X