Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Location/ IP address issues?

So I recently moved from Little Rock, AR to Fayetteville, AR (about 3 hours away). I have Hulu live for my tv streaming service. I’ve tried resetting the roku, resetting the network, updated my billing address, but I am still getting the local channels for Little Rock. I don’t think it’s a Hulu issue because when I use the Hulu app on my iPhone (connected to the same WiFi as my roku) I get the correct local channels for Fayetteville.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Location/ IP address issues?

@MattNuke wrote:
So I recently moved from Little Rock, AR to Fayetteville, AR (about 3 hours away). I have Hulu live for my tv streaming service. I’ve tried resetting the roku, resetting the network, updated my billing address, but I am still getting the local channels for Little Rock. I don’t think it’s a Hulu issue because when I use the Hulu app on my iPhone (connected to the same WiFi as my roku) I get the correct local channels for Fayetteville.

If it still does it after a system reset, then I doubt it can be the Roku. I'm unfamiliar with Hulu configuration, but if I had to guess it sounds like they have something in your account profile that is telling then where the Roku is located. Have you contacted Hulu to ask them?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos