Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorshaco
Level 7

LG Television -- Won't Connect

We have a 1 year old television from LG. It is connected to the internet, but the Roku won't connect. Help? We've already disconnected everything and reset everything, including the tv to factory specs. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: LG Television -- Won't Connect

What do you mean by "the Roku won't connect"? Do you get no display when you connect your Roku to an HDMI port on your tv and set your tv to use that HDMI as its input? Or are you saying you can't get your Roku to the internet? Or maybe it doesn't connect to your wifi?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sorshaco 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what issue you are experiencing? Are you having an issue connecting your device to the TV or to your wireless connection?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sorshaco
Level 7

Internet is super slow and it connecta to networks but not internet. Instructions on website are what we've been doing. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sorshaco 

Thanks for the clarification.

What is the model of your device that you are trying to connect to your network? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network and your device?

We would also recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided on our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rpangorang
Level 7

I am having the same issue. My roku stick has been working just fine for a year, but now wont’t connect to the WiFi when it is plugged into my lg tv. I have tested it on my projector and it works fine there. I have restarted my modem and did a factory reset on the roku. After the factory reset, it worked ok, but after turning off the tv, the same problem occurs.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Rpangorang,

Thanks for letting us know about the wireless network issue that you are experiencing.

Please follow the steps here to get up and streaming: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update ...

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos