Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rongp123
Level 7

Keeps kicking out of apps after 5 min and I've already checked the bandwidth what do I do?

After entering an app about 5 minutes later it will kick me out of the app and return to the home screen the roku doesn't shut down it's never done this before we've had it for almost a year and it just started doing it the other night I tried resetting the bandwidth and everything nothings working

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Keeps kicking out of apps after 5 min and I've already checked the bandwidth what do I do?

If just one or two, remove the app, do a System Restart, and reinstall the offending app.  If it is doing it with "every" app, then maybe just start simple and progress upwards. 

1. From within Roku, do a System Restart. (Settings...System...System Restart)

2. Make sure your Roku is up to date. (Settings...System...System Update...Check Now)

2. Unplug your Roku for a while.  (Have seen increasing # of posts indicating this solves a lot of unexplained problems.)

3. Do a Factory Reset of your device. (Settings..System..Advanced System Settings..Factory Reset)

See if any of the above helps you out and post back whatever steps you have taken if still having problems or if a particular step worked for you.

Also include your Roku model Number.  More detail the better when troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Keeps kicking out of apps after 5 min and I've already checked the bandwidth what do I do?

One more thing to check:

Is your Roku device powered by plugging it into a USB port on your television? The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.

It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If you no longer have the USB power adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy from another device that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos