Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: It's 2018 and Roku still lacks IPv6 support

I, too, am waiting for this capability that should have been available day 1 as it has been native in Linux for 15+ years. The fact that the end user "will never need" ipv6 is irrelevant and fairly uninformed. The *content* is available via IPv6 - no one will ever ask for it outside of a few fringe people like myself, but that doesn't mean that it's not completely necessary, and more importantly, the right play. Every large provider in the US supports native IPv6 and has for quite some time. It's trivial to enable on any modern CPE (DHCPv6-PD), and 9 out of 10 times the end user has no idea it's even on because systems will default to it. Over the last 2 years, 60% of my home traffic has been end to end IPv6 native. @CV27 There is no translation in v6, that statement above about translation once it hits the public internet is incorrect. 
@twiceover[/url:3dyirxc4] tell your 5 ISPs to hit me up, I've deployed v6 in more ISPs than I can cou...

0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 8

Personally, I would rather see support for HD audio passthrough before this. Inexcusable that the top end Ultra does not allow this.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Miami Son" wrote:
Personally, I would rather see support for HD audio passthrough before this. Inexcusable that the top end Ultra does not allow this.

What’s inexcusable is your posting off-topic complaints. We get it. You got your panties in a wad because you didn’t research the features of the current Roku Ultra before you bought one. Give it a rest. Don’t spam threads on different topics.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

The shortcomings are totally orthogonal. However, why have one when you can have both.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 8

"DBDukes" wrote:
"Miami Son" wrote:

What’s inexcusable is your posting off-topic complaints. We get it. You got your panties in a wad because you didn’t research the features of the current Roku Ultra before you bought one. Give it a rest. Don’t spam threads on different topics.

Sorry, didn't know you were the thread police. Dick.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Neighborhood watch.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Shutting down the thread for violating Forum Rules.

Flaming/Trolling/Spamming:

• Roku will not tolerate flaming (ie, posting hostile remarks against other forum members) or trolling (ie, deliberately posting topics or responses designed to incite other forum users into an argument).

• Posts categorized as flaming or trolling or otherwise go against the guidelines described above may be deleted without warning and could result in user suspensions or bans.

Members of the community are free to post a new thread.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos