Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fitfreak25
Reel Rookie

Re: Issues with poor signal strength

Having the same issue with the Roku Premiere. It’s worked great for a year in the same location, now it has poor signal strength and horrible playback quality. Nothing has changed in the setup. I even bought a WiFi extender and put right by it and it’s shows low signal strength! How do we get this fixed? Another update since an update is prob what caused this? Roku Premiere (4620 series) 

0 Kudos
RayJamm
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem, I actually bought a replacement that was fine for a while now shows poor signal, yet my other one which is miles away from the router is great

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RayJamm

Thanks for the post.

How close is the Roku device to the router? What Roku devices are you using? Have you tried changing the wireless channels on your router to see if that helps?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tsix66

Had the same issue with Roku stick.  After about 1 year of good connection speed, experiencing weak signal strength and constant buffering.  This coincides with Century LInk doing line work in the neighborhood and possibly creating noise on the DSL line.  Upon more troubleshooting, the smart TV has no issues connecting, and then swapped Roku stick from bedroom.  The weak signal followed the weak Roku.  Living room Roku Device defective. Problem solved.  KISS

0 Kudos